Monday, April 6, 2009

Get Greasy. Maintain Your Ride.

I've been tinkering on bikes since my dad first introduced me to his tools. He was always fixing something. Since then, I have no idea how many bikes I've wrenched on. I enjoy looking after my bikes, my family's bikes, and my friend's bikes. It's therapy for me. There's something satisfying about getting a bike in running condition and knowing someone will enjoy their bike again.

That being said, the Overland Mountain Bike Club, in partnership with the Fort Collins Bike Co-op, recently offered an evening of bike maintenance that was well received by the attendees. Check out what Doug and Mary had to say:

On Thursday, March 26, 2009, Six Overland Mountain Bike Club members (3 men and 3 women) participated in a bike repair workshop at the Bike Co-op. The Overland Mountain Bike Club sponsors this repair program for it's members by donating to the Co-op. Doug Cutter was our host and there were six certified bike mechanics to work one on one with us. We were excited to learn how to repair and replace shifter and brake cables as well as adjust derrailleurs and brakesets. The women were especially stoked to now have the confidence to make repairs while on trail. What an awesome program! Our thanks to the Overland Mountain Bike Club and the Co-op!

We hope to continue these evenings once a month. If you're afraid of tinkering on your bike, have questions you'd like to have answered, would like to have the confidence to do your own tinkering, sign up for one. Keep an eye out for the next one. Hope you can make it.

--Kory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? We'd love your thoughts and opinions.